Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jzhvyx und Kyttyr

Ignore below as the story is being totally rewritten above, under 1LwE tags. :D




This story is guaranteed to be boring as its mostly going to be my detailed planning of this story. Everything is in Raw Form which means many errors, many brain storms and many elements that won't be in the final form. 1st Draft extremous alert!


***

Kyttyr and Jzhvyx is in a suburb of London.

Jzhvyx looked at Kyttyr and sighed. "We are going to have to teach you over 10,000 words in a year, and the more vocabulary you learn, the less likely someone is going to mistake you for her. Of course, with the amount of brain damage you have, it will be a very tough uphill battle, but I think that we can manage. I've mapped out how many words you will learn per day and per week depending on which week it is. We'll start out slow, with only 40 words per day the first week, with revision. You will be working on this 5 1/2 hours a day, 6 days in a row."

Kyttyr looked up at him, concern in her eyes, "Will I really be able to pull this one off? I had a tough time with my own English."

Jzhvyx put his hand on her back to reassure her. "Yes, you will be able to pull this one off. Besides, you'll have me helping you. I can program around your schedule. I'll be teaching you Japanese too! I'll put you through Language immersion so you can learn Japanese faster. The hard part will be learning how to make their characters. You might not learn 10,000 symbols this year, but you'll at least learn 2,000 for sure. Hopefully, you'll be able to learn faster the more we work on teaching your brain how to learn vocabulary. Because you are still only 10 years old, that part of your brain might not have shut down yet."

"Are you sure? I always felt that that part of my brain shut down from birth!"

"That's because you have Auditory and Visual dyslexia. Plus, I believe you were shaken as an infant. This is why I'm working with you. I believe that you learn through extreme repetition on the same skill. In this case, the skill I'll be teaching you and reviewing with you is how to learn vocabulary. I'm going to teach your brain how to learn. I'm also going to use as many of your senses as possible, this means that if an object for the particular word can be used, I'll used it. I'll have you practice drawing the letters in sand. I'll have you feel the letters with your eyes closed. You see, when I was in Japan, I acquired with much hard work and negotiating, 4,000 Kanji, and all the Hiragana and Katakana letters in 3-d object form. They are made out of plastic. I also secured plastic letter guides that you'll be able to use to trace over and over again. Lastly, I acquired overhead sheets with 10,000 Kanji and the Hiragana and Katakana letters on them. You'll be able to put paper over these sheets, and turn on your map light table and trace over these sheets many times. I made the sheets for the English letters so you can learn to write in perfect cursive with your right hand. I'm teaching you fancy thin caligraphy as this is as far from your natural handwriting as we can get and still be within the realms of what one might write in logically in the UK."

"Oh, I so hope that we can pull this off! It will be really cool to be able to sit with you anywheres and speak in Japanese and not have anyone know what it is we are saying."

"Actually, for that to happen, I'd have to make up a language that only you and I know. You never know who is going to know Japanese. However, I do believe that it is best to discuss anything that might give us away only in the privacy of our house because some prodigy word geeks are capable of doing cryptology on the spot - Aurally!"

"Like you?"

"Yes, like me. I learn languages extremely easily. I speak several fluently. My parents don't know that though. I always pretended to not understand. For the record, my father always needed an interpreter. My mother could manage buying what we needed in the various languages, but could not go beyond that. I'm not sure why I can learn so quickly."

"You can learn so quickly because you have your mother's IQ genes."

"Probably. My father, nor does any of my relatives on his side, come across as overly intelligent. I mean, sure they can do college, but none of them ever qualified for Ivy league or any of the top rated schools."

"Sweet!"

"Huh?"

"Sweet! This means that they won't be looking for a geek. Especially if you mother keeps mum about your geekiness."

"They won't take my mother serious because my grades were perfect for an slightly above average idiot. I was that bright!"

"I know you figured out exactly what to say and what not to say to prove you were only capable of B- average naturally, and that no one could suspect that you were an underachiever. I know what you did on those stupid IQ test they made us take."

"Oh yes, I was brilliant there! My results showed perfect B- all across the subjects, every single one of them!" Jzhvyx laughed while he rolled back in his chair.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so they are really in the privacy of their own home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to post this story from the BEGINNING! LOL I love it, I start on like the 3rd or 4th chapter! lol

    ReplyDelete