Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Infamous Four: Summer Camp Story 4

This story is copyrighted by me, Kyt. The characters are mine, and they in no way reflect anyone living or dead no matter when they were born or will be born. Anyone interested in paying me for the story, or creating a movie out of this story, just comment below and email me with the legalities. Thanks!

Please be advised, that this story is still being worked on and expanded, as currently, it is short.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Erikson held a fishing rod in one hand, and a fishing net in the other. “Today, we get to learn the proper way to catch a fish. Everybody grab a net and a rod. Eddie, will you please grab the bait. Follow me down to our very well stocked pond where you will have your tasters tempted by the most juicy Salmon and Walleye.”
Priscilla looked back at her maid who was just standing there in protest. “Come on, we haven’t got all day.”
“My contract says very specifically, housework and general aide. It says nothing about fishing. Now, your father always did his own fishing, and did not have an aided bantering about.”
“Well, I am not my father am I. My Mother would most certainly have an aide with her. After all, I mustn’t get my hands dirty! So, come on now. The fish are hungry and we mustn’t keep them waiting. I don’t want to be responsible for starving a fish to death!”


Mary and David exchanged glances.
“Don’t they pay you enough? I said, come on!”
“All the money in the world wouldn’t be enough for me to work for her,” exclaimed Mary.
“ Same here. I’d rather be an eternal 5th grader before working for her.”
Dora looked up from her fishing. “Mary! David! Over here!”
“Catch any fish yet, Dora?” David asked.
“No, how can I?”
Priscilla placed her hands on her hips. “You are suppose to bait the hook for me! I just mustn’t get my hands dirty!” She then stomped her foot.
Eddie whipped around and yelled, “Hey Prissy! You’re scaring all the fish away! Be quiet!”
“Not as bad as you are,” interjected Isannah. “You are twice as loud as she is!”
David leaned over to his buddies, “Technically, she is right. His voice carries.”
Lawrence then butted in, “He was not talking about you Miss Sidekick, he was talking about your boss mate, Miss blubber mouth.”
“Don’t you ever call me Miss blubber mouth again!” Priscilla yelled while stomping her foot.
“Wanna make us?” Eddie argued. “You are all mouth and no guts.”
Dora could take it no longer. She put down her rod and reel and marched over to the fight with fists clenched straight at her side. She lifted her finger and waved it at Lawrence and Eddie, “Don’t you two know better than to argue with Miss Royal Idiot 1 and Miss Royal Idiot 2? You are not only wasting your time and mine, but any fish left after she gets done scaring them away are certainly scared off now!” Lawrence and Eddie just stood there with their mouths gapped wide open. Dora then turned sharply towards Priscilla, “And as for you, watch out! The fish, if they are biting at all after you get done scaring them, just might lash out and bite you instead for disturbing their tranquility - uh, peace and quiet, to put it in terms even you would understand.” Dora was still furious. She turned on her heel and stomped off. Priscilla’s maid tried in vane to stiffle a giggle. She quickly put her hand over her mouth and started making a snorkeling sound and then started laughing so hard, her whole body shook. Priscilla was not in the mood for being laughed at. She glared at her maid, “And who are you laughing at? You are not being paid to laugh! Only rich people can laugh. Maids are not allowed to laugh - ever!”
Dora grabbed her net and rod and reel. “Come on gang! Let’s fish down here where there still may be fish!”
Ella stared at Priscilla. “Only the rich can laugh? Who’s she trying to kid? Which planet is she from, Dora?”
“Planet Doofus.”
Mary put her things in the holders attached to her wheelchair. “I nicknamed her Queen Princess and her side kick dumdum but I am going to have to change that too Queen Dumdum and her sidekick do-do!”
Eduardo turned to the four and stated, “It is a known fact that one quite often retain’s the maturity level of the age they were at when the trauma occurred.”
Dora looked Eduardo straight in the eye and placed her hands on her hips while still hanging on to her gear. “Well, that would explain it - wouldn’t it? No wonder she acts, talks and walks like a baby. What with all the alcohol that entered her tiny, fraile little body when she was yet a fetus, it’s a wonder she has any maturity at all!”
“Or a brain,” added David.
The others giggled, all except Eduardo.
“I meant that she lost both parents at a young age. She may always be this way unless intensive Behavioral Management Therapy intervenes.”
The infamous four just exchanged looks and then left to find a more suitable spot.

Priscilla leaned way over the edge of her chair, trying to see where the fishes are. Not seeing any, she leaned over further until she was no longer sitting on her chair. A fish took a bite on her rod and started swimming away. Priscilla was at a very precarious angle by this time and was completely caught off guard. She lost her balance and belly flopped into the water. The fish all scattered towards Dora who decided to just take her net and catch the fish that way. Soon, Dora had more fish than she could scoop up, so she quickly grabbed Mary’s net on her left and then Ella’s net on her right. Priscilla dutifully kept splashing in the water. She yelled, “Help! Help! The fish are going to eat me alive! Help! Quicksand! I’m sinking! I’ll drown!”
Mr. Erikson ran over to Priscilla trying to talk some sense into her. “Stand up Priscilla! Stand up I say. The water is not that deep! Stand up!” By now, he was shouting over the roar of laughter and over her shouting, just to be heard. “Shut up and stay calm! Or else!” Finally, he was able to reach in and grab her. He lifted her out of the water by her wrist while her legs kept on kicking and she kept right on screaming like a maniac who lost her head. Her maid was laughing so hard, she fell off her chair and had to wipe off her uniform which by now was splattered with sand and water threatening to become the good dark mud that’s great for making mud pies with. Isannah stood their confused. She didn’t know whether to help calm Priscilla or to help the maid.
Everyone headed back to the mess hall. After Priscilla had finally calmed down, Eddie asked her sincerely, “How many fish did you catch?”
Dora rolled her eyes, “Silly question! With all she’s been through - uh, done - how could she actually catch any fish? We, however, caught 8. And you?”
“One. Want it? I don’t eat fish. Besides, I can’t win the contest with one fish anyways. You might as well have it.”
“Thanks!” Eddie poured his fish into Dora’s bucket.
Everyone settled down into their seats. David leaned over to Dora, “Let’s just say you caught all the fish.”
Mary and Ella both cried foul. “We are a team. We all caught 8 fish.”
“Nine with Eddie’s.” David added.
Eddie then butted in. “They will only allow one person to win, so you might as well give the fish all to Dora.”
They all agreed.
Ms. Davis blew her whistle and brought everyone to attention. “Who caught more than 3 fish?”
Several hands went up. Pamela blurted out, “How could anyone catch that many fish with Priscilla mucking about?”
“I see several people managed too. Who caught more than 4 fish?” Every hand went down except two - Dora’s and Markus’s. “How many fish did you catch Markus?” Dora was relieved that Markus was asked first. She was determined to say one more fish than he caught. She hoped that he didn’t catch more than 8 fish. Thomas leaned over to Dora and hurriedly said, “Add my 2 fish! I can’t stand that snot!”
“I caught 7.”
“And how many did you catch Dora?”
Dora had too many numbers in her head. First 8, then 7 then 9. “I caught 8 plus 2, I mean 10 fish.”
“Dora is our big winner. Dora, come up here please.”
Everybody clapped while some whistled and others hollered.
“How did you manage to catch so many fish? Have you fished before?” Mrs. Davis asked while she handed Dora an envelope.
“Well, I reasoned that if I moved as far away from loud noises and commotion, as possible, I should be able to catch the scared fish.” Dora than gave Priscilla a knowing look. She looked thoughtfully as her eyes scanned the room, looking many people in the eye. In a sincere voice she spoke, “I’d like to thank my group for helping me succeed - Ella, David, Mary, Eddie and Thomas.” Dora than looked at Priscilla with the biggest, most sincerest smile she could muster without breaking out into fits of laughter. “I would be remiss, if I didn’t thank Priscilla. For without you Priscilla, none of this would have been possible.” Dora then lifted her bucket of fish in the air with one hand, and the envelope in the other. “Thanks Priscilla!”
Everybody clapped, cheered, whooped and hollered “Go Dora!” Most people exchanged high 5’s and said “Way to go!” with Dora as she passed to take her seat.
Mary leaned over to Dora, “What did you win?”
“Yes, Dora,” added Ella. “Come on, open it up.”
Dora opened up the envelope. Her eyes popped out. David grabbed the envelope from her hands. “Whoa! That much money?”
Eddie smiled knowingly. Thomas offered, “Eddie won last year. Priscilla wasn’t here either. She had a previous engagement she couldn’t get out of.”
Mary added, “Yes, bugging me at the season’s parties trying to worm information out of me on how to snag the big one.”
“You mean, snag David?” asked Eddie.
“Of course.” David answered. “After all, I come from the richest family in the community. I am considered the catch of the century!”
“Unfortunately,” Dora said with an amused look. “He’s quite taken already.” She then gave Mary a knowing look.
“Well Dora, are you going to tell us the amount or should I worm it out of David?” Ella inquired.
“60,000 Euro. That’s 10,000 Euro each.”
“No, no,” said Thomas and Eddie at the same time.
“It’s all yours. You more than earned it!” Thomas added.
“But I couldn’t.”
“We insist,” said Eddie. “Besides, I won it last year and shared it with Thomas.”
“I guess that’s 15,000 Euro each than, if we split it 4 ways. And don’t any of you 3 dare say otherwise! You are my dearest friends, and I insist on sharing it with you!”



* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment